Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Don't Take Life Too Seriously, You'll Never Get Out Alive


I learned today that Carrie Fisher died at age 60. At this point in the year, it seems like just another person lost to the year 2016. She is in good company. Alan Rickman, Florence Henderson, Gene Wilder, David Bowie, Alan Thicke, Doris Roberts, John Glenn, Muhammad Ali, Arnold Palmer, Chistina Gimme (a fabulous YouTube cover artist), Nancy Reagan, Harper Lee, George Michael also passed this year. And that's just a few of the legendary names that died this year.

This has been a hard year. And it seems the world agrees...

Between a record number of celebrity deaths and the stress inducing event known to our beloved country as the Presidential Election, it has been a dousey.

So I sit at my computer in my little bubble of the world and contemplate what this year means to me.

This year...

I began doing yoga, which has been great because I've been able to start a new path to strengthen my mind and body.

I wrote a book. I mean a whole one, which is so exciting. Now it's on the editing floor with the looming task of publication arching into the new year.

Other than that, I wrote a lot, I read a lot of books, I cut my hair, I gained confidence in myself, but at the same time I spent many hours contemplating the connections of the universe.

So personally, this year hasn't been so bad. It's felt bad, but also good, like every other year.

I'm learning how to grow through the challenges and have faith that I will persevere through the tough times. Life is a roller coaster and when you can enjoy the ups and downs, there is not much that can throw you anymore.

I don't know if I'm quite there yet and I still hate roller coasters, but I have learned, or at least remembered one thing this year.

Enjoy it.

Every stupid moment of this precious life. Nothing is ever exactly what you want it to be, so what? Sometimes it is much more. Take the good with the bad and laugh. At everything! Especially yourself.

It is a quote older than as I am: "Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive."

And it's true. This moment, this choice, this life - It's all you have. Enjoy it.

It is as simple and as difficult as that.

Good luck making sense of this year and let's celebrate 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what inspires you. I appreciate feedback to help grow as an artist, I ask only that you stay positive even if being critical. Thank you Writing Companion!