Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Choose Your Happy



We spend so much of our life waiting to be happy. I'll be happy we I get that promotion, publish that book, or go on that vacation. Maybe when warm weather comes or when the cool weather comes I'll be happy. Isn't it Friday yet? On Friday I'll be happy.

Society tends to treat happiness as a destination, some place we arrive. However, happiness is no more than a state of mind. Just like we feel hungry, tired or angry, we also feel happy. It comes and goes, a fleeting emotion, that can only be appreciated in the moment.

We anticipate being happy, just as we try to force happiness on others. And this is the undoing of our own happiness. 

You can't make everyone happy! Or anyone for that matter. Except for yourself. Just focus on what brings you to life and everything else will follow.

Happiness is a choice. 

Just as you would eat if you are hungry, find small ways to fill your soul when you seek happiness. For me it is taking time out to write, reading a good book with a cup of coffee, or taking a walk with my camera in hand. Those are moments I choose to be happy.

And I don't worry about anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what inspires you. I appreciate feedback to help grow as an artist, I ask only that you stay positive even if being critical. Thank you Writing Companion!