Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Make A Mark, and Start Your Story



“Make a mark, and start your story.” ~Author Unknown

I read this quote somewhere about a month ago and it made a significant impression on me.

It is interesting to me where and how we receive inspiration. I am awed by artists who create brilliant works of art and cast them out in the void for all to see and judge. I am still often times paralyzed by the idea of sharing my art and writing.

My most challenging obstacle is the beginning. Usually, if I can just begin, the process builds on itself and I can simply enjoy the flow. However, that first mark sets the tone and guides your way. That first mark is intimidating.

All it takes is a mark and your story will begin to tumble out of you. Whatever your art form, whether it is your profession or a passing hobby, don’t be afraid to make that first mark. The journey you begin is worth any risk because in the end, life and art, are simply practice. Focus that practice into something positive and enjoy the ride.

This segment of my blog, “Positive Practice,” is my mark to begin my journey in publishing. I am excited to see where it will lead.

Where are you heading? Have you made your mark to start your story? What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what inspires you. I appreciate feedback to help grow as an artist, I ask only that you stay positive even if being critical. Thank you Writing Companion!