Monday, March 6, 2017

Slow Down and Enjoy This Moment


Life moves fast, and I don't know about you, but I often find myself lost in the hurried pace. I think it is about time to take the reigns of our lives and slow down a little.

I get it, there are appointments and deadlines that fill my calendar too. Nonetheless, in the race of the everyday toil that is life, let's not get set adrift by the tedium that makes this day feel like the next. Instead, take a minute and look up, at least once each day, and intentionally enjoy where you are at. Remember why you are there to begin with.

When our daily pace leans into a gallop, we will begin to miss stuff. Instead of racing by, take a look at the scenery around you. Wherever you are, find beauty in it, or even, create beauty to leave there for others to find.

I don't like the sense of feeling disoriented that comes when I'm trying to keep up with an endless to-do list. I end up just feeling...not enough. I forget why I'm going through the motions in the first place and lack that sense of accomplishment. I begin to feel untethered and breeds the way for stress to come waltzing into my mind.

I don't want stress. I want to find rest and inspiration in those pauses in between junctures instead of anxiety. I want confidence and peace as I flow through my days. I want to slow down and keep my priorities in order. I want to enjoy each moment and live it fully.

I challenge you and myself, as we begin this week, to slow down and truly enjoy the moment you are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what inspires you. I appreciate feedback to help grow as an artist, I ask only that you stay positive even if being critical. Thank you Writing Companion!